Wednesday, December 13, 2006

12/13/06

A certain friend reminded me of my goal of posting daily. Oops.

Part of my responsibilities as a Journeyman Electrician is having an apprentice work under me or sometimes several apprentices. This is usually not a bad part of work as it can be rewarding to be able to pass some knowledge on to someone else. However, when your apprentice is a 300 pound Slav with a short temper and a chip on his shoulder things can get out of hand. It's quite common to hear a thundering " I kill you mother bitch" when a suggestion on how to do a particular job is made that he doesn't agree with. Managing this guy is sort of like trying to point a charging rhino in the right direction, letting him go , and then you just have to hope he stays on course. This guy can literally and has on a couple occasions picked me up by the shirt collar.
You gotta love those Slavs!

3 comments:

Liz said...

and their trendy hats.

Anonymous said...

LOL...sounds about right...we had a Ukrainian friend in Tampa who we found one day lifting the engine out of a car with a chain and his bare hands. Those slavs are either mammoth or skinny.

Blog God said...

reminds me of a extremely angry version of Jeremy.