Friday, November 03, 2006

20 Flight Rock

For some reason I'm not sure why,I started singing Eddie Cochran's 20 Flight Rock at work today. Half-way through I suddenly got the premise of the song. Basically a guy has a girlfriend who lives in a high rise and he really wants to screw but the elevator is broken so he has to climb 20 stories to "get some". When he finally reaches the 20th floor he's too tired to "do the nasty". I'm sure it's evident to most of you, but I've been singing this song as long as I can remember. It was always just a fun song. I never really thought about it before. Then I remembered performing it with my brothers and sisters at old folks homes while my dad accompanied us on the guitar....... Shame on you old man!

2 comments:

Blog God said...

hahahha, you know HE knew what it was about.

Anonymous said...

I'm just surprised it took you 20 something years to figure it out.