Friday, December 07, 2007

Sometimes + = -

I got a pay raise last week. A meager 1.4 percent. Not one to complain too much, after all 35 cents an hour more can add up.... well a little. Assuming I work 40 hours a week that would add up to 14 dollars more every payday. 14 dollarsa week could pay for a gym membership or maybe cable t.v. or a case of beer...OK a case of cheap beer(Natty Ice?)

Turns out it all was elaborate scheme cooked up by my dear old Uncle Sam and his toadies down at the IRS. By giving me this pittance of a raise they have all too slyly bumped me up to the next tax bracket which means that they will "legally" get to take my well deserved 14 dollars a week as well as about 80 cents that was initially mine to take home.

Bummers dude....

4 comments:

Nat said...

Man, Uncle Sam...that was NOT a cool thing to do.

Blog God said...

So basically, instead of making 14 dollars more a week, your making 80 cents less?

Some raise.

BarbarianDave said...

exactly!

Anonymous said...

Ugh. Why does this sound so familiar.