Saturday, December 08, 2007

So far I have not lifted a finger to anything about Christmas decorating. I actually just recently took the rotten corps of what was the Jack-O-Lantern off my porch after Kylie looked out there and informed me that he was dead.
If it was up to me I wouldn't bother decorating. It's not like I entertain anyone at my place. Being a parent I do feel obliged to put forth some effort in making Christmas special.
So I figure I should start with a tree of some sort. Come to think of it I haven't had to pick out a tree in quite some time. I always just left it up to room mates.
So the big question is at hand. Do I buy a live tree and let it fill the house with the lovely scent that freshly butchered trees give, along with the needles? Or do I buy one that comes in a box along with the feeling that I just lost part of my soul, but can be reused for year and years to come, thus saving the lives of perhaps dozens of happy little trees?
So now I will contemplate the choice at hand while creating a new definition for pathetic: Eating a microwave chicken pot pie, alone, on a Saturday evening, while listening to sappy alt rock.

4 comments:

Class Clown said...

Umm, I eat Chicken pot pies alone almost every night... sometimes I even do it while playing a video game alone or watching Japanese television alone...

Anonymous said...

We have a pre-lit fake tree (what does that say about us), but it's oh so convenient. I did read the other day that fake trees are actually the least "green" choice of all since they eventually end up in a landfill (mostly not decomposing). The greener options were - getting one from a farm where they are harvested and replanted yearly (and recycling your dead tree). Buying a potted tree from a local nursery and replanting it after the holidays, or decorating an outside tree in your yard.

crazynik said...

I'd say save the happy little real tree's lives....besides tree needle messes are a pain to clean up

Blog God said...

ya, all depends on whether your putting it on carpet or tile, or wood flooring. Tile or wood, don't worry, the needles are no big deal, if it's carpet that's another story...it's probably carpet isn't it, so go with the fake tree.

And Ben, it's not such a big deal for you because your not even close to 27.