Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Life on a line

Today I witnessed an accident on the job site. One of the tower cranes on the job swung over into the line of the other tower crane snagging his line and in the process yanking a concrete form and an iron worker who was attached to the form up about 50 feet or so into the air.  I had been talking with a co-worker and hadn't really been paying to much attention. Suddenly from the corner of my eye, I a made out a human form swinging above the job site. The first thing that went through my head was "what an idiot......why would he being doing that?". The look of horror on his face snapped me out my flawed reasoning. His co-workers were frantically trying to alert the crane operator of the trouble below. I cringed as I watched his helpless body slam into the guard rail on the third floor and then cringed again as the form followed, slamming against him on the rail as well. Luckily once he was lowered he seemed to just be banged up pretty bad. I'm sure he'll at least have a few broken ribs.

In other news: I finally cleaned my room, fixed my bike, and tomorrow I'm getting cable TV.

7 comments:

Clare said...

omg that's so sad. poor guy.

Lettsee so u r getting cable so you can watch documentaries? We all know u don't watch anything else. :)

Nat said...

Documentaries and Skinemax...I remember the Skinemax watching.

BarbarianDave said...

can't think of a better way to spend a rainy afternoon.

Blog God said...

You're bike....is this Ben? Ben quit posting as Dave.

BarbarianDave said...

I am bike? What are you trying to say?

Blog God said...

lol, grammar nazi.

Anonymous said...

Your children watched three straight hours of Animal Planet today. Yes both of them. I had no idea things like that are hereditary!