Monday, October 13, 2008

Moving and meltdown.

I've been absent a long time.....

Perhaps with or without a valid excuse. I've never been one to write my lack of posting off to busyness. Not that I haven't been busy....I have, yet, one makes time for what one wants to make time for.

I moved over this weekend. A daunting task(shout out to my dawgs :Mike, Jamie, and Ben). The amount of crap that one accumulates over a year is astounding. I fancied myself a minimalist up to this point. My move was complicated my the fact that I had chosen an apartment on the third floor. The understood hardship of moving all my belongings up three flights had been diminished by the prospect of not having to wait in line for the bathroom and not to mention the convenience of things like storage space and vaulted ceilings.....(OK vaulted ceilings probably don't offer convenience but they can really open a room up).

Today the Dow Jones shot up around 9 hundred points. For some reason, upon hearing the news, I felt happy at first and then rather peeved. I was mainly annoyed that I've been alloying a group of greedy hypocondriacs set my mood for the day. Who knows what they'll do tomrrow to get the rest of us to worry ourselves silly.......I'm sick of it really.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should make a little pile of stuff you don't need and sell it on craigslist. You'll be surprised at the little stash of cash you build from doing this. Every six months I do it and make a few hundred dollars. I think it's worth the little hassle of taking a picture and posting it. Or instead of waiting for a pile to build up just do it each time you come across something you don't need anymore.

And here here on your last comment!

crazynik said...

and now you really need to update ;)

Jason said...

Heres an idea which combines some of the problems that you mention in your post. Start trading your excess junk instead of using that shaky dollar. For instance, at work you could trade an old Pearl Jam T-shirt with a colleague for a peanut butter and Jelly sandwich. Or take that yellow walkman to the climbing gym and trade it with Jack or Ennis for a pair of stretch pants. These are just a few ideas of ways that you can weather this economic downturn and have a even have a little fun.