Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Shitty car blues.

Oh joy!!! Don't you just love car troubles? Well for all who don't know my present hot ride is a '93 Honda Civic lx. "Lucky man" You may say. I mean who wouldn't give an arm or a leg for one? In some countries only after years of saving money and endless days of toil can one experience the sheer pride that comes with owning such a rare beauty. Sadly I have not been so appreciative. I have as of the past year and a half seriously neglected this faithful steed. I have for the time being put off changing the brakes, oil, airfilter, spark plugs, fixing the AC, alignment, tire balance and rotation, shocks, radiator, body work, and a broken window (Thanks to the Austin vagrant community). Yesterday on my way home I heard the awful yet undeniable sound of a failing cv axel( similar to bones popping in and out of joint very rapidly) I pulled into the driveway and looked behind the wheel. Sure enough I was right. This means I will spend my weekend fixing the car, hell I might as well do the brakes since they've been shaking for the past six months. God forbid that I should break down and take it to the Mechanic! That would only mean that the Man has won, besides I worked too hard for this damn money( and I'm about to work a lot more). After pulling myself out from under the car I glanced at the odometer 209733 miles not too bad for an abused little piece of junk. I guess I owe it one last hurrah!

No comments: